Ranked among the most conservative legislators in Alabama.
Bill Hightower, conservative Republican for Alabama's First Congressional District, supports limited government, lower taxes, and balanced budgets. In the State Senate he voted against every statewide tax increase, introduced legislative term limits, and even sponsored flat tax legislation.
As a small businessman, Bill is guided by his belief in personal responsibility -- not a cycle of government dependence. He knows that Alabama wasn't built by people with their hands out, but rather by people putting their hands to work.
In Congress, Bill will proudly stand with President Donald Trump and his efforts to continue growing our economy, cut wasteful government spending that is bankrupting future generations, and defend the sanctity and dignity of each and every life.
- Opposes Obamacare and it's expansion in Alabama
- Fought to pass flat tax and term limits legislation for Alabama
- As State Senator, Bill voted against every statewide tax increase
STANDING UP FOR SOUTH ALABAMA
- Passed common sense insurance reform
- Supported the Port of Mobile expansion
DEFENDING LIFE & CONSERVATIVE VALUES
- Authored the law protecting faith-based adoptions
- Supports pro-life and pro-marriage values